ESOL Skills For Life
We are offering a free English course to support adults whose first language is not English.
DATE: Tuesday 9th January
TIME: 10.00 – 13.15
VENUE: Hook Village Hall, RG27 9HH
X 5 weeks: 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th January & 6th February. All days need to be attended to ensure you benefit fully from the course. Please advise your tutor or admin of any absences.
This course is to support learners to become more confident in engaging in everyday life and participating in their local community.
What you will learn:
- By the end of the course learners will be able to: Fill in forms with personal information (name, age, address, marital status, occupation, email, phone numbers, etc.)
- Make small talk, Using how, what, why, when and where to ask at least 5 questions
- Respond correctly to at least 3 statements by a classmate to show listening skills
- Say at least 3 statements in the present tense and at least 3 statements in the past tense about family
- Ask and answer at least 5 questions
Who is this course for? Learners with English as another language
Previous knowledge/experience: No previous knowledge needed
How you will learn: taking part in class activities and doing home tasks
How you will be assessed: Continually
For the first session you will need to buy/bring: Pen and paper
Progression opportunities from this course are: ESOL Skills For Work, Maths, English, Employability and Wellbeing courses
You can obtain additional information about this course by phoning 01264 359 223 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org