Digital Skills For Everyday Life
We are offering a free IT course which builds on your confidence levels with using digital skills in everyday life.
DATE: Wednesday 31st January
TIME: 09.30 to 13.30
VENUE: Melrose Community Hall,
Basingstoke, RG24 9ES
X 3 weeks: Wednesday 31st January, 7th & 14th February. All days to be attended to ensure you benefit fully from the course. Please advise your tutor or admin of any absences.
This course is to provide basic digital skills and improve ICT confidence.
What you will learn:
- Demonstrate how to turn on a laptop, use a trackpad/mouse and keyboard and name the main key hardware and software components
- Demonstrate how to access local Wi-Fi, load a browser and search for information from at least 3 websites
- Demonstrate effective communication by using email software to send, open and reply to messages
- Create at least 1 simple document using word processing and demonstrate how to edit, save and retrieve from local storage
- Identify at least 3 ways to stay safe when accessing services online
Who is this course for? Absolute beginners, those with limited knowledge and confidence and those who have not previously attended an ICT course before
Previous knowledge/experience: No previous knowledge needed
How you will learn: In class, through question and answers, exercise sheets and guided learning via the projector
How you will be assessed: Work completed on exercise sheets, saved to individual memory stick and emailed work
For the first session you will need to buy/bring: please bring a pen and paper for notes. Laptops provided by RCS
Progression opportunities from this course are: Digital Skills For Work, Maths, English and Wellbeing courses
You can obtain additional information about this course by phoning 01264 359 223 or emailing email@example.com