Self Esteem And Assertiveness
We are offering a free self-esteem & assertiveness course that intends to help you to be able to understand the effects of low self-esteem.
DATE: Tuesday 27th February
TIME: 18.00 to 20.30
X 5 weeks: 27th Feb, 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th March. All days to be attended to ensure you benefit fully from the course. Please advise your tutor or admin of any absences.
This course is designed to help build learners self-esteem while motivating them to face challenges confidently. It also aims to support learners to build their assertiveness skills.
What you will learn:
- Identify factors that can enhance or undermine your self-esteem.
- Recognise aspects of good self-esteem, including valuing who you are and what you can do.
- Compare the difference between assertive, passive and aggressive behaviour
- Give examples of techniques to help become more assertive when facing personal challenges
- Identify strategies for overcoming personal barriers
Who is this course for? Anyone who would like to improve their wellbeing.
Previous knowledge/experience: No previous knowledge or experience is necessary.
What you will learn: How to become more assertive and increase positive self-esteem.
How you will learn: Through a work booklet, discussions, group work and individual reflection.
How you will be assessed: Through observation, RARPA, questioning and the work booklet
For the first session you will need to buy/bring: A pen and a willingness to learn
Progression opportunities from this course are: Other wellbeing courses, IT, Maths, English, Confidence for work.
You can obtain additional information about this course by phoning 01264 359 223 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org