Prepare For Work
We are offering a free ‘Preparing for work’ course, supporting you to become work ready.
DATE: Wednesday 21st February
TIME: 10.00 to 14.00
VENUE: The Winchester Club,
Winchester, SO23 7AB
X 3 weeks: Weds 21st, 28thFebruary & 6th March. All days to be attended to ensure you benefit fully from the course. Please advise your tutor or admin of any absences.
This course will support learners to identify strengths and skills that can be used to prepare for work or new careers.
What you will learn:
- Identify and list at least 5 personal strengths & skills.
- Develop an accessible and relevant CV to support job applications
- Undertake the “Discover Your Skills and Careers” tool and identify at least 1 personal role or pathway to work towards
- List 3 or more barriers to securing the roles/pathways and ways to overcome them
- Identify 3 or more ways to prepare for interviews
Who is this course for? This course is for learners seeking support on the journey to work
Previous knowledge/experience: This is a foundation and confidence building course, so no previous knowledge or experience is necessary.
How you will learn: By group and individual tutorial with written examples to show understanding
How you will be assessed: By participation within the sessions and completion of tasks set
For the first session you will need to buy/bring: Pen and paper
Progression opportunities from this course are: IT, Maths, English, Level 2 Maths
You can obtain additional information about this course by phoning 01264 359 223 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org