ESOL Skills For Work
We are offering a free course to help support learners who have English as another language to improve the skills needed either while seeking work or already in employment.
DATE: Tuesday 9th January
TIME: 10.00 to 14.00
VENUE: The Longmeadow Centre, Andover, SP10 5DE
X 5 weeks: 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th Jan & 6th Feb. All days need to be attended to ensure you benefit fully from the course. Please advise your tutor or admin of any absences.
This course is to help learners to improve knowledge, vocabulary, speaking, listening and communication about workplace topics and manage job related skills.
What you will learn:
- Make at least 5 statements about job routines, using Present Simple
- Speak about job responsibilities, using can (modal verb)
- Discuss work related problems
- Write a covering letter/email applying for a job
- Identify at least 3 relevant points in a job advert
- Correctly identify at least 3 health and safety signs
Who is this course for? Learners who have English as another language
Previous knowledge/experience: No previous knowledge needed
How you will learn: Taking part in class activities and doing home tasks
How you will be assessed: Through observation, RARPA, questioning
For the first session you will need to buy/bring: A pen and paper
Progression opportunities from this course are: ESOL intermediate, IT courses, Maths courses, confidence courses
You can obtain additional information about this course by phoning 01264 359 223 or emailing email@example.com